I suggest you ...

make it possible to replace mix files should amendments be made to them.

Could you make it possible to repace mix files in the "edit" options if glitches or mistakes have been ironed out in a new file? All it would take is the option to re-upload the new file to the current URL.

133 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    anonymousanonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

16 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Dwayne WayneDwayne Wayne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

OR.... a back door like an FTP upload to the particular place where the audio file is stored. That woulds be cool too. :-)

• Dwayne WayneDwayne Wayne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

YES!!! I was just about to post this. A simple RELOAD Button in the profile for the audio file would be great! Nothing else changes, just simply replacing the recording.

Please.
        Thank you!

• seviinseviin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

++1 on this too! seems like a no brainer for this type of service.

• StephSteph commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Still nothing from mixcloud on this? Looks like I'll be sticking with my soundcloud pro account then.

• StephSteph commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, +1 on this,

This has been very useful on my soundcloud, and just realised I can't do this on mixcloud which is frustrating, as I was considering finally packing in my pro account and moving across.

• Troy TaliancichTroy Taliancich commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1 for this feature as well. Soundcloud Pro has this feature and I would gladly pay for a similar Pro Mixcloud account, were that an option (then maybe the "overworked and underpaid" servers would get some support . There are often times where I have the time and inclination to go back and correct mistakes in a Cloudcast but losing the Favorites and Listener count as well as Social Media shares is just not worth it.

• Tim from Radio ClashTim from Radio Clash commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes +1 for this feature...just remastered a podcast where I hadn't realised sibilance was a problem, and would love to just replace it.

• Two SevTwo Sev commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree, this is a crucial feature that seems to have went overlooked. I just cleaned up the static noises from a mix I made only to find that I would have to re-upload the file and re-name each and every single track instead of just being able to replace the file in the first place.

• FuZionDCAFuZionDCA commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please. At the moment, the audio seems to be even more compressed when playing back from through mixcloud than my local 128k recordings. If you allow us to replace the file, could you retain the bit rate too?

Feedback and Knowledge Base