I suggest you ...

Capitalization of artist names is buggy.

When submitting my newest mix, I had some artists like:

AC Slater
Mark II
NDKj

and when they appear on my tracklisting in the player, they show up as:

Ac Slater
Mark Ii
Ndkj

Could they be left alone as they appear on the tracklist I submitted when uploading?

483 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Jon ClarkJon Clark shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

53 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Shaun ValiquetteShaun Valiquette commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The issue isn't just capitalization, it's artist names & song titles getting "corrected" for me. Here's just one blatant example from many I've encountered: Tik Tok (acid techno producer) constantly gets renamed Tik & Tok (80's synth-pop group). The fix for this is simple: Stop renaming entries in our track lists! I'd rather you go hassle the many users who don't even bother to put up their track lists. That is more likely preventing artists from getting their due then a few spelling variations.

• DSMCDSMC commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i'M gEtTTing tHis tOo... iT maKeS iT lOOk LikE MY gRaMmAR is sHiT.

pLeaSe fiX iT.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As a relatively recent member of mixcloud, I'm sort of relieved to see I'm not the only with the auto-incorrecting text issue. Thought I was going crazy there for a while.

Seriously, though - fix it soon!

• spasticspastic commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"We’ve improved this so it no longer breaks punctuation and other special characters. Capitalisation isn’t yet always correct."

How can you improve something that just makes stuff wrong all the time?

How about just get rid of whatever it is that auto (in)corrects tracklists? What's the point of something that just fucks things up?

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just wanted to add my complaint here to. Been using Mixcloud for a couple of years and, along with the poor sound on the mobile app, this is the single most annoying thing about Mixcloud. You are making your users look stupid. If I type something in it shouldn't autocorrect to the way some other idiot has put it in just because they got there first.

• NintendjNintendj commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This "feature" is absolutely ridiculous. You've apparently been working on it for three years now and nothing has been fixed. How about just a simple statement on it? Are you going to fix it?

Please just remove it and let us write our tracklists ourselves.

• KimKim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This problem gets on my nerves. The names and titles look all shitty. FIX THE BUG!

• phantomcircuitphantomcircuit commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ah, so the solution for broken playlists after three years is to... hide the playlists? :-D

Please try again, Mixcloud!

• DJ black angusDJ black angus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This was "started" three years ago? Really? It is so frustrating that the visible tracklistings to my mixes make me look like an illiterate. Please, please fix. At the very least, let us know what you're *attempting* to do to correct it.

I'm getting fed up of this. Is Mixcloud another facelss organisation that doesn't want to communicate with its customers when things go wrong? If so, I'm going elsewhere. Can anyone recommend a better site?

• iriXxiriXx commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What appears to have happened is that the first entry someone makes for a track is being stored, and overwrites our entries. Some sort of attempt to use metadata to link tracks and track usage together. Problem is it's been programmed very badly - if the initial entry has typos in it, it overwrites our attempts to correct them or add a different entry.

My latest mix 'synaptogenesis iv' has a bunch of typos in the playlist that were not entered by me. For example 'Time is Out' by Buddhasmile ended up as 'T.I.M.E is out'. This isn't the name of the track as it was released on Beatport. The brackets around the Sam KDC remix are square, but the brackets around the other remix is not.

Yes I agree it looks sloppy and unprofressional. Compare this with Soundcloud where you can select pre-entered genres in your track metadata, but you can also correct the entry if a typo from a previous user comes up.

I'm gonna have to go seeking out obscure tracks just to get a correctly entered playlist.

• DaveDave commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, just leave the names alone. Trust me, I can type them correctly, I don't need mixcloud to 'incorrect' them for me!!

• C.C. ArshagraC.C. Arshagra commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I got around this in part under some circumstances by utilizing the Underscore_, especially to get around the no_space rule. but it would help to get this fixed. limits are counter productive to functionality.

Agree with everyone else. It's irritating and looks unprofessional because people think I can't spell or punctuate, which isn't true.

• TimTim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same thing with adding brackets to track titles (feat. Artist) or (Artist Remix) - even if you go back and edit it and resave it still reverts to the wrong way.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base