Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    mixcloudAdminmixcloud (Admin, Mixcloud) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

13 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • MrDibbyMrDibby commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My proposed solution:
        Introduce the 'Deep Links' feature that Youtube has (whether specific time or specific track, I'm not sure what the best implementation would be) http://support.google.com/youtube/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=116618

If a specific time/track is mentioned in a comment, that becomes part of 'time' metadata for that specific comment. Users can also have the option to set a specific time for their comment (rather than having it in the text content of the comment).

When the mix gets to a time/track and a comment is posted for it - in the same manner that timestamps work for highlighting currently playing tracks - a comment is highlighted, and perhaps brought to the top of the list of comments.

This would possibly benefit from a new layout where comments run in a column next to the tracklist.

• David_SoulomonDavid_Soulomon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

no, this is what´s most annoying on soundcloud. cause sometimes i just want to click through the audio for preview and the appearing comments are often hindering me from that.

• MagrethMagreth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be great - just add a user preference to hide it by default for those that don't like it... then add some cool inline visualiser waveform that goes crazier in sync with the amount of comments. :D That way it would be cooler than soundcloud....

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a must for people who are into the 'mix' part of mixcloud not just the tracks - it should be possible to show respect for an awesome mix / scratching / mash up etc...

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Completely agree on this - it's a "must-have" imo, and is one of the best things about soundcloud. On mixcloud you can comment on peoples mixes, but it's right at the bottom and there's also no option to comment on a mix if you're listening via the embeddable widget.

Without getting feedback on your mixes you're less likely to upload more, so to make it quick and easy for the listener is essential imo.

• kevinward76kevinward76 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with J Puddy - it's the best feature on Soundcloud… but there should be an option to switch it off, so as Forrester says, to "keep it clean" :)

Having said that, I am a bit disappointed at the lack of comments currently on mix pages. I wonder if this feature would encourage people to provide mix / track feedback?

• J PuddyJ Puddy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be gold. It's probably the only thing I like Soundcloud for.

Feedback and Knowledge Base